Sunday, July 12, 2009

Harry Potter and The Really Long Nap

G.I. Joe was away this weekend at his monthly National Guard duty and boy was he missed at home! I feel like I function better when I have him around. He's the one who remembers to water all of our plants. By "our" I mean mostly plants he's bought for me. I tend to kill plants, though. G.I. Joe on the other hand has what you'd call a green thumb. In his downtime he's been fixing up our backyard. He added flowers and even a fountain, which is called "Lucy's Lagoon." Here's some pictures I snapped recently. I absolutely LOVE our yard now. Its so inviting, thanks to my landscape designer!

Oh, and I can write this shameless brag post on him right now because he's sleeping like a rock with a Harry Potter book open on his chest. Its a sight that's too sweet for words.

















8 comments:

(army)Wife said...

Can I hire him for my backyard? That is gorgeous. It must be so relaxing to sit out there with a book.

All About Aleigha said...

I wish our backyard looked like that, I would stay outside! He did a great job!

...Mrs. Southern Bride... said...

So beautiful!

Nicole said...

Beautiful.

With our heat here in TX it's almost useless to plant anything. But I might give it a try when we actually own our own yard and don't move out every two years as soon as it starts growing.

Madison said...

Thats funny, I have a black thumb like you. I love your backyard, it looks amazing. I wish we could do something with our backyard. My dog would trample it. Great job, Michael!!!

Jaime said...

nice yard. but anyway, i jsut spend oodles of time reading through your homecomings and some other stuff. you're blog rocks. it's so well written. i got a few tears in my eyes with the homecomings, since my hubby is due home soon.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks Ladies! Michael loved reading everyone's comments! :)

Andria and Ian said...

Your backyard is gorgeous!!! Can I borrow your hubby to come landscape my yard???