Thursday, June 25, 2009

I need a calendar, or a calculator.

I used to know right off the top of my head how many weeks Lucy is. Now, I would need paper, pencils, and a counting machine to figure it out. Haha, okay...maybe she isn't that old yet. But it is amazing that now her life is measured in months. The day will come all too soon when we'll forget the months and she'll be "____ years old," and probably some fractions thrown in there too.

Lucy's 9 month doctor's appointment was today and we got loads of compliments on her. Every parent loves hearing that their child is "perfect." Her doctor was quite impressed that her fine motor skills have started developing a month earlier than normal and that she is already trying to walk and stand with little help. That's a little bit scary for us! She's not quite crawling yet and I've had lots of people say, "You're so lucky. You don't have to watch Lucy like a hawk." Um, that's not really the case. Since she doesn't crawl she tries to find more creative ways to move. Just this evening I looked away from her for about a second and in that moment she started to stand up on her own! Not pulling up on something, but actually standing half way up without holding onto anything. She ended up leaning a little too far forward and falling. Luckily I caught her before she hit anything too hard. So naturally I'm the typical first-time-mom, I hover a lot :)

As far as her "stats" go, at 9 months she's 18 pounds, 27 inches long and has 2 teeth! Our baby girl is growing like a weed!


"Is it flower head time again already?"


"I guess so!"





"I love playing with Mommy's pretties."











"If you look close, you can see my 2 bottom teeth!"



9 comments:

Jacylann Nix said...

she is beautiful! & my youngest is 19 months but she started walking about 9 months but NEVER crawled! She woke up and started pulling up and the next day..she walked! I was amazed! So your lil one may skip crawling all together!
Good luck! Being mobile is fun!

Sonia said...

Hello! I think I'm a first time poster, but I found your blog..somewhere!

Well, your Lucy is adorable! Our Lillian almost became a Lucy, but Lillian stuck around instead!

Margaret said...

Its so weird cause Riley is a little bigger but basically the same size and doing all the things Lucy is doing, haha. I forget that they're not the same age. I guess once they hit 1 or 2 we won't really consider them different ages:)

I'm glad to hear things are going well for Lucy!

All About Aleigha said...

She's a doll. Time (especially the first year) goes by way to fast. All we can do is soak it up.

Chappell3 said...

she's getting sooo BEAUTIFUL!!! Not that she hasn't always been... :)
I've been doing the same thing with Ariana's age! I used to classify all of her pictures by week so I can remember exactly how old she was when looking back, but this month has turned into classifications of 9 months and 9.5 months.

Madison said...

Yay Lucy! I had to laugh at "Is it flower time again already?"

Jacqueline said...

Jacylann~Yes, being mobile IS fun!

Sonia~Lilian is a beautiful name! I love the way "L" girl names roll off the tongue.

Thanks for the comments ladies!

Samantha @ Mama Notes said...

she is beautiful! how cute!

Jacqueline said...

Thank you, Samantha! :)