Friday, June 5, 2009

A funny thing happened...

About 24 hours after my last post.

Last night Lucy couldn't sleep. She was tossing and turning for a while before I decided maybe she needed some Tylenol for her gums. Before giving her any I just stuck my finger in her mouth expecting the same swollen bumpy ridges she's had for months. When I ran my finger over her gums I started yelping, "Daddy! Come see what your daughter has!" Lucy's first tooth came in sometime yesterday.

I can't tell you how excited I was to finally feel that tiny sharp edge in her mouth. Teething has been a difficult experience in our house, mainly because its been going on for about 6 months. At one point I really thought Lucy's first tooth was going to be in by Christmas but we were kept waiting. Now that this first one is cut I think we're all able to exhale. I know the next three may not be a cake walk but it feels good to have made it past this hurdle that's been staring us down since November. Hopefully for Lucy these next teeth will come in quickly and she won't have to experience this pain for too much longer.

I'm chomping at the bits (no pun intended :P) to post pictures of this little chomper as soon as its a bit more visible!

3 comments:

Andria and Ian said...

Yea for the 1st tooth! Can't wait to see a picture! :) Hopefully she gets the other ones soon!

Margaret said...

Yay! I'm so happy! I've been praying that her tooth would break through soon!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the prayers! Life seems to be going a little smoother now that the first one is done with. :)