Thursday, June 4, 2009

2/3.


I know its been over a week ago but Lucy turned 8 months old! That's like 2/3 of the way through the first year! I already tear up a little when I think of how soon she'll be turning 1. But she keeps us so busy that the days just fly by. I love the stage she's at. There is always some kind of new adventure each day. She's learning lots of new sounds! Now she's saying Mommy and Daddy, which we love hearing. Yesterday when she was on her tummy she figured out how to scoot backwards and that she can also scoot around while sitting up. We get a little closer to walking every week too. I can't remember how it happened but one day we just accidentally discovered that she figured out how to bend her knees and pick up her feet to walk. She can take about 15 steps with just a little help balancing. One of Lucy's favorite things is to stand up and she tries her best to stand by herself for a few seconds. Because of that we watch her like a hawk! She's turned into quite a little dare devil.

Another exciting thing is that it looks like the teething process may actually bring Lucy some teeth soon! The other day when I looked at her gums I could see the bottom two underneath. Its very obvious so hopefully, as we've been praying for months now, we'll have teeth pictures to share soon!


3 comments:

Madison said...

Aww I love reading about Lucy =) Easton is "walking" like that too with Papa. Its very cute. We finally lowered out crib to the lowest setting in case he deicdes to stand up on his own one of these days. Is Lucy in her crib now?

Jacqueline said...

No, we haven't really felt moved yet to put her in her room. Its too much fun being able to listen to her giggle in her sleep or wake up with her feet in my face :)

But her pedi had told us at our 6 month check up to lower the crib at that point if she was in it. I think we'll lower it soon just so we don't forget and have it up too high when she does go to it!

Rachael said...

She's beautiful!

I love how you take a picture of her in a different flower headband every month.