Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pursuing Publishing

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have a new blog. Its going to be my personal writing blog, though one day I hope to say its my "professional" blog. Ever since G.I. Joe was in Iraq I just knew I had to write our story. That year I went through emotions I had never even imagined. I felt like a failure to my country anytime I cried so for months I tried to suppress my feelings. While my friends were carefree and living normal 19 year old lives I was at home trying not to have panic attacks waiting for a phone call from thousands of miles away. I feel like I have to write our story for a couple of reasons. One, I need closure. I need to come to grips with everything that went on that year, learn my final lessons from it and decide what I'll do differently next time. The other reason I think is more important. I have to write our story for others. There are so many young women these days who are in the same position I was. I want them to know that they aren't alone and that its okay to cry. So this is why I'm starting my other blog. I'm working full force now on this book and will need a place to use as like a journal. I'll post my progress, goals and deadlines. Also I'll be using the blog for writing exercises just to get my creative juices flowing.

I didn't want to weigh down our family blog with all that. I know everyone comes here for the pictures of Lucy :) But I do hope you'll join me as I pursue my dream of being published!

2 comments:

frommylefthand said...

The "snow angel" pictures is one of my favorites of her!! I'd like to know what is going through her mind. :-O

Love you!

SaraMom said...

Hi I wanted to mail you but didnt see your email address anywhere. I really like your deughters hairbands..can you please tell me where to buy it?? THanks in advance