Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Daddy is our rock

Its been a long time since I've spent hours at a doctor's appointment. When I hit 6 months in the pregnancy and my contractions were coming so close together I had to be monitored in the doctor's office a lot. Mom would take me and bring books and things to work on for Lucy's blanket. We never really knew how long we would be there. Sometimes it would take a couple hours or more. I had always wished G.I. Joe was there to keep me calm and comfortable.

Today was Lucy's 6 month check-up. I was so incredibly glad to have him there with us! Lucy is doing great but had a rough visit. Teething caused her to be tired and fussy before we even got there. Being weighed and measured brought on the tears. The exam itself was a bit more stressful than usual. We ended up having to stop in the middle of it so I could feed her and the doctor could see other patients. During the exam the doctor found that Lucy has a minor issue that was taken care of right there. We're praying that's the end of it and that she won't have to have surgery for it in addition to the surgery to correct her toe.

After the whole exam was finally done Lucy had to get four shots and one oral vaccine. The oral one was done first and she was so worked up that she threw up all over the table, herself, the nurse and G.I. Joe. Then once she was clean and calm she had to get those shots. I had a hard time keeping it together during this appointment but I know I would have lost it had he not been there. He was so great about being the one to hand Lucy over to get her shots. I really didn't want to have to do that part. We took turns comforting her after them and even got a couple smiles out of her before we left the doctor's.

Despite the rough day Lucy is doing awesome. She's growing like a weed and the doctor was really happy with the fact that she can sit up unassisted for so long. Any day now she'll be cutting teeth and rolling over. Each moment brings a new adventure with Lucy and I'm so glad G.I. Joe is here now to experience these things...both the good and the bad. His support for Lucy and me is priceless.

Here are her official 6 month pictures. I'll be posting her "Half-Birthday" pictures by the end of this week!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the second picture! Her leg rolls are precious!!! All of the pics are gorgeous!

Nicole O'Dell said...

I mentioned you guys in my Thanksgiving post today. I thought you might like to know.

Jennifer said...

She is just the cutest little thing ever!! Where do you get those cute headbands? Just precious!