Friday, March 20, 2009

Anticipation...DYK?

Frasier Season 5 is still dressed in plastic sitting on top of the DVD player. I'm sitting here waiting for G.I. Joe to get home and need things to focus on so I don't go insane watching the minutes pass. On days he comes home I'm always a bundle of nerves and excitement. So to pass the time while I'm waiting and Lucy is sleeping I thought I'd do a DYK or "Did you know?" type post.

This is your chance to learn some totally random and useless facts about me :P

Did you know...


  • I have an extra rib and an extra vertebrae. To have one or the other is pretty normal but to have both is rare.
  • I like to watch Hitchcock movies alone in the dark.
  • I really really really don't like birds.
  • I was the Valedictorian of my class.
  • Giraffes are my favorite animals. I love feeding them at the zoo. I think I like them because they are tall...I on the other hand, am not.
  • Alan Arkin, Lou Dobbs, and General David Petraeus are three men I'd love to meet.
  • I enjoy painting but won't even pretend I'm good at it. Usually things come out looking very abstract because I'm not great with details.
  • My DVR currently is filled with episodes of Psych (best show ever) and Monk, and House of Payne. I can't wait till next season of Psych starts!
  • When I was pregnant I craved citrus stuff...especially Grapefruit soda and Italian ice.
  • Drew Carey still gives me morning sickness flashbacks.
  • I've been to Japan and I miss it so much. Hmmm...I need to find my box of pictures from there.
  • When I was in 9th grade a friend told me I'd probably end up married to G.I. Joe...I thought that was too good to be true. I'm still a little amazed that I actually got to marry THE man of my dreams.
  • I saw Fall Out Boy many times before they were on MTV. Their "Dead On Arrival" cd was the best. Now they are just mainstream sell-outs. Bleh...they so aren't "artsy" anymore.
  • When G.I. Joe was in Iraq I sent him a Build-a-Bear. He got me one the following year and we made Lucy one together last year. Mine is the most worn and raggedy because I always cuddled with it when he was gone.
  • I love NYC. If it wasn't so cold I'd give anything to live there.
  • Preschool...that's the level I'm at with the French language..
  • I don't like to wear socks unless its absolutely necessary (that one's for you Grandma :P)
  • While we're eating out I always kick off my shoes under the table. I really don't like shoes.
  • I love beaches. Even ones that aren't considered "nice." I just love the sound of the waves and the smell of the salty air.
  • One thing I loved most about going away to college was going to Target and buying new cleaning supplies and storage cubes. That's what I'm looking forward to about moving on post somewhere.
  • Kay Thompson is a style icon of mine. She reminds me so much of Coco Chanel with her class and flare. The Eloise books and movies are awesome!
  • Currently there are 6 cameras in my house. There would be 7 but G.I. Joe has one. Oh, and that doesn't include the 2 camcorders.
  • Two of my favorite subjects in school were Philosophy and Renaissance Art.
  • My eyes aren't brown, they're hazel.
  • Apple Jacks on vanilla ice cream is one of my favorite treats.
  • The ring back tone on my phone is "Paper Planes" by M.I.A.
  • I got to see Rick Springfield in concert in 2006. He looked right at me!!
  • I've been impatiently waiting for the announcement of the new Arrested Development movie.
  • I've seen Gone With the Wind too many times. When I pictured G.I. Joe coming home from Iraq I always pictured him limping up the drive-way. And yes, in my mind, he walked home from over there. That's still the way I picture him returning anytime he's away.
Well, there are lots of other random things about me too but Lucy's up now. A challenge: leave a comment to me and tell me something totally random that I probably don't know about you!

No comments: