Monday, February 2, 2009

Adventures in Brown Rice Cereal

Since this is my first post of February I thought I would share another exciting "first" with everyone. A week or so ago Lucy started eating cereal! I had been dreading this step, to be honest. I felt like my sweet little baby would just be growing up way too fast. I've been amazed at how much extra bonding this has given me and Lucy. We have so much fun doing her one "big girl meal of the day." She eats, we laugh, and get cereal caked on everything! Its just too much fun. Getting to watch the new little faces she's making while chewing or reaching for the spoon is amazing. I love watching her personality develop. Its also really cute to see her with this proud look on her face like "Look Mommy! I'm eating from a SPOON!!"


Mommy's best "choo choo" and Lucy's first bowl of cereal!
<span class=

I don't know about this stuff...
<span class=

<span class=

Seriously Mommy, what is that???
<span class=

She's starting to like it!
<span class=

The cutest little mess I've ever seen!
<span class=

Aww, Mommy, I still love you!
<span class=

3 comments:

Mallissa said...

Oh how cute! Im also kinda dreading starting the solids, but also very excited! You have such a beautiul little girl!

Margaret said...

Look at Lucy eating big girl food:) It looks like you're both having fun!

Mary Jason and boys said...

Way to go on the rice cereal! I don't think any kids like rice cereal the first few times. Just wait a few days and she'll be begging for it! Especially when you add the mashed up bananas in it!