Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The writing on the wall

Literally.

In Lucy's nursery the writing on the wall says "Angels danced the day you were born."
Photobucket

Today Lucy is 12 weeks old! I can't believe she's been with us that long. Over the past 12 weeks our lives have been turned upside down, but in a totally amazing way. Its so true what all parents say about their kids growing up...it happens too fast! I feel like that the next time I blink she'll be 12 years old! I know one day someone will be telling her about the day she was born. Haha...I've heard the story of my birthday a "few" times :P. We could tell her about the excitement that irrupted after my water broke, about all the messages I got from my friends saying they couldn't wait to hear our "big announcement." Or we could tell her about the natural birth she had and how it was everything mommy hoped for and about how she surprised the doctors and nurses by coming so quickly. G.I. Joe could tell her about how hard he tried to make it there on time. I could tell her about how painful it was but also that I have never felt as important as I did the day I gave birth to her.

No matter what anyone ever tells her about that crazy day she was born, I want her to know this one thing: Angels danced the day she was born. There is no better way to describe what happened 12 weeks ago than to simply say that the angels danced.

Here are some pictures to show how much our "Little Bit" has grown in these 12 weeks!

2 weeks old
<span class=

12 weeks old
<span class=

2 weeks old
<span class=

12 weeks old
<span class=


2 comments:

Margaret said...

Awww she just keeps growing and growing! I can't believe she's already 12 weeks:) Such a beautiful girl.

Mimi aka pz5wjj said...

I left a comment on your BC journal...

She's just too cute!