Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Miracle is here!

posted on 11/06/2008


On September 23rd I woke up around 5 am and my water broke. I had been hoping to avoid an induction so this was very exciting for me. After calling my doctor to let her know we were on our way to the hospital, I called G.I. Joe to let him know he needed to come home. He was on his way to work (on unaccompanied orders out of state) but turned around to go back and pack his stuff to come home. 

We got to the hospital around 6:30 am and got settled into a room. After that it took a few hours for the contractions to get going. By 10 I was in active labor. The time passed quicker than I thought it would. Before I knew it the doctor told me I could start pushing. This was just before 2 pm. Unfortunately, G.I. Joe was supposed to arrive at the hospital around that time but was delayed by traffic. Being a first time mom everyone assumed this part would take a while so the doctor who was on call left to check on other patients. Very soon after she left Lucy made her appearance into the world! She was ready to come and nothing was going to stop her! Lucy Michaela was born at 2:17 pm and was delivered by a nurse named Elizabeth. My Dad took the day off from work and Lucy's Great-Grandma drove over from out of town to be there for her birth. Mom was in the room with me the whole time and was a huge help! When they took Lucy away to be checked out and cleaned up Mom took pictures for me to see and to send to G.I. Joe. He made it to the hospital about 20 minutes after she was born. We think she wanted to come before he got there so she would be all cleaned up for her Daddy! 

We feel so blessed to have Lucy here with us now. It was a bit of a roller coaster for the last couple of months and greatly appreciate all the prayers from our family and friends. We know that Lucy is truly loved by many!

No comments: