Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Big Week

posted on 04/28/2008


Last week we were able to find out that we are having a little girl! We are all very excited about this little one. We weren't supposed to find out until May 12th but I had to have 2 ultrasounds last week unexpectedly. Monday I started having some pain that I couldn't figure out the cause of. I called my doctor the next morning and they wanted me to come in as soon as I could. Once I got there they figured out that I have a urinary track infection and a possible bladder infection. Pregnancy causes women to be more prone to getting these but they do bring about a little bit of a risk. For whatever reason, if not watched closely, they can trigger pre-term labor. My doctor seems to think that we are fine since we caught this so early but we are still being very careful. I had an ultrasound last Wednesday to check and make sure the baby was okay and that's when we were able to find out its a girl. Friday I had a very in depth ultrasound to check and make sure my kidneys are functioning normally. They really just want to make sure they check everything over so that we don't have any surprises. This coming week I have a follow up with my OB on Thursday. Before I go to that I also have to see a perinatologist, an OB who specializes in high risk pregnancies. These are all just precautions but I'm so relieved to know that I have such a great doctor. I completely trust her because I know that any red flag that comes up, she'll check it out thoroughly.
I'm almost done taking my antibiotics now and not in as much pain. Hopefully this is out of my system or will be soon! Little Bit's still kicking away so its a relief everyday to know that she's still doing fine. Please continue to pray for us. This past week has been very long and stressful since I was shuffled back and forth to the doctor so much. We are so greatful for the support we get from our friends and family.

No comments: